From 9:30 am
At Parliament House
The Group of 100 invites you to attend the Annual Federal Political Engagement Day in Canberra on 11 September, along with dinner that evening at the Ottoman Cuisine.
The political engagement will begin at 9:30am and we will be joined by the following politicians throughout the day:
- The Hon Josh Frydenberg MP - Treasurer of Australia (Lib);
- Dr Jim Chalmers MP - Shadow Treasurer (ALP);
- The Hon Paul Fletcher MP, Minister for Communication, Cyber Safety and the Arts (Lib);
- Claire O’Neil MP, Shadow Minister for Innovation, Technology and the Future of Work (ALP);
- Tim Wilson MP, Chair of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Economics (Lib);
- Jason Falinski MP, Chair of the Standing Committee on Tax and Revenue (Lib);
- Milton Dick MP, Deputy Chair of Standing Committee on Procedure (ALP); and
- Senator Andrew Bragg (Lib).
Following the morning briefing sessions by Members of Parliament, members and guests of the Group of 100 (G100) will be able to either attend Question Time or attend the scheduled Board meeting. After Question Time, there will be one more meeting before free time prior to dinner.
In the evening, pre-dinner drinks and dinner will be hosted by Sundaram Business Services at Ottoman Cuisine, which is a short drive from Parliament House. The Hon Michael Sukkar MP (Lib), Assistant Treasurer and Minister for Housing will be the guest speaker for the evenings events.
Please refer attached dinner invitation for RSVP specifics.
There is no charge for the day’s activities or the dinner, these are provided for members and their senior staff as part of their company membership to the Group of 100.
Please note: to allow sufficient time for you to transit through security, be signed in and escorted into the Parliamentary Wing we suggest you arrive at Parliament House at 9.00am as the Briefings will now commence at 9.30am.
We would also like to mention that it may be prudent to fly in the night before in order to avoid any inclement weather conditions. If you are flying into Canberra on 11 September from any of the Eastern States, then the 6.30am services should get you to Canberra in plenty of time.