The IFAC Nominating Committee last week announced that it is seeking to fill six vacancies on the International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (IPSASB). New Board Members will serve an initial term of up to 3 years, commencing January 1, 2022.
Candidates will ideally have a public sector background and/or experience in standard setting to be able to contribute value to the work of the Board. Nominations from a wide range of relevant backgrounds are sought, including, but not limited to, candidates from:
- Users of general purpose financial reports, such as parliamentarians, budget offices, and credit-rating agencies.
- Preparers of accrual-based financial statements, such those reporting directly or indirectly in accordance with IPSAS or being in the process of transitioning to IPSAS or another accrual-based accounting framework.
- Ministries of Finance and Treasury departments.
- International and regional development organisations.
- Public sector external auditors.
Deadline for submitting applications is January 31, 2021.