As part of the Group of 100’s (G100) commitment to providing the highest level of representation and advocacy, the annual Political Engagement Day has been designed for members to meet and interact with key politicians.
The Political Engagement Day is typically a full day of meetings at Parliament House in Canberra. However, due to the pandemic this year, members are invited to meeting the politicians via an exclusive online event. As it is impossible to have members and their teams engaging online all day, the event has been split in half and will run over two lunchtimes on the 22 and 23 September 2020.
Each year the event alternates the focus between the Government and the Opposition and include two up and coming backbenchers from the other Party.
This year it is the turn of the Opposition, so we will hear from several Shadow Ministers and two Government backbenchers who head up key Parliamentary Committees.
Members participating join the online event will hear an overview of MPs’ areas of interest; they will discuss the impact of the coronavirus on their portfolio and will hear their Party’s plans for the future.
MPs presenting include:
- Shadow Treasurer – Dr Jim Chalmers MP;
- Shadow Minister for Innovation, Technology & the Future of Work – Clare O’Neil MP;
- Shadow Assistant Minister for Treasury Shadow Assistant Minister for Charities – Dr Andrew Leigh MP
- Shadow Assistant Minister for Financial Services Shadow Assistant Minister for the Republic – Matt Thistlethwaite MP
- Chair of Standing Committee on Tax and Revenue – Jason Falinski MP; and
- Chair of the Standing Committee on Economics – Tim Wilson MP.
The agenda and technical details for logging on will be sent to members in the coming days.